I have had the pleasure of meeting Chris Kyle when we worked with him a few months back on a development project. He is a true American and hero. What he has done and talks about in his new book “American Sniper” is a true testament to an individual tasked with ensuring the safety of Americans, our allies and civilians. Below are recent links to his interviews about his experiences and his new book.
You can order his new book here American Sniper on Amazon
Some of Chris Kyle’s recent television and news paper interviews are linked below. Be sure and check them out and his new book American Sniper. You won’t be disappointed.
Chris Kyle’s biography on Harper Collins, Click here for Biography
Fox News Bill O’Reilly interview of Chris Kyle on his new book, Click here for Interview
Fox News Interview of Chris Kyle, Click here for Interview
The Daily Mail from the UK interview with Chris Kyle, Click here for Interview
New York Post Interview with Chris Kyle, Click here for Interview
Sacramento Becomes Tactical Gear Destination
Blumenthal’s Uniforms and Equipment opens a 5.11 Tactical Select Store
Sacramento, CA – Blumenthal’s Uniform and Equipment announces the launch of their 5.11 Tactical Select Store opening December 14, 2011. This store is one of only two 5.11 Tactical Select stores in the nation carrying the full line of 5.11 Tactical products offering an interactive shopping experience for tactical gear.
“Our first Select Store in Portland, Oregon has been a real success. 5.11 Tactical products have so many features that consumers want to see, feel and interact with our products,” explains Tom Davin, CEO of 5.11 Tactical.
Blumenthal’s began in Seattle, WA in 1948 by Joe Blumenthal and has grown to 5-stores in the Northwest. Brothers Mitch and Mark Blumenthal along with partner Roger Heldman, have announced a Grand Reopening of their Sacramento store after a remodel and the addition of the full line with over 7,000 product styles from 5.11 Tactical. The Grand Reopening celebration will take place on December 14 at Blumenthal’s, 3133 Arden Way, and will include a gift for the first 25 people in the door each day, prize drawings, snacks, and 20% off all 5.11 Tactical in-store purchases at this location only.
“Our customers love 5.11 Tactical and their new products are always well received,” explains Blumenthal owner Roger Heldman. “5.11 Tactical revolutionized the industry by introducing a whole new ‘tactical wear’ category. Those looking for anything from cargo pants to outerwear to concealed carry clothing will find it right here to test, try on and buy.”
5.11 Tactical products are traditionally sold online and through retail public safety uniform dealers. The shopping experience changed with the opening of the first Signature Store in Fresno, CA in May 2011. Blumenthal’s is only the second store to carry over 7,000 styles offered by 5.11 Tactical and offers a rare opportunity for everyday Americans to see, feel, and purchase products that were originally intended for high-intensity situations.Blumenthal’s is excited to unveil the new store: “Northern California customers will be amazed with our expanded tactical clothing and gear selection, superior customer service and the overall experiential shopping opportunity.”
Norovirus—the stomach bug
- Norovirus is a highly contagious illness caused by infection with a virus called norovirus. It is often called by other names, such as viral gastroenteritis, stomach flu, and food poisoning.
- Norovirus infection causes acute gastroenteritis (inflammation of the stomach and intestines); the most common symptoms are diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach pain.
- Anyone can get norovirus, and they can have the illness multiple times during their lifetime.
- Norovirus is the most common cause of acute gastroenteritis in the United States.
Norovirus illness can be serious
- Norovirus can make people feel extremely ill and vomit or have diarrhea many times a day.
- Most people get better within 1 to 2 days.
- Dehydration can be a problem among some people with norovirus infection, especially the very young, the elderly, and people with other illnesses.
Norovirus is highly contagious and spreads rapidly
- Noroviruses are highly contagious, and outbreaks are common due to the ease of transmission.
- People with norovirus are contagious from the moment they begin feeling ill to at least 3 days and perhaps for as long as 2 weeks after recovery, making control of this disease even more difficult.
- Norovirus can spread rapidly in closed environments like daycare centers and nursing homes
Many sources for norovirus infection
Noroviruses are found in the stool and vomit of infected people. People can become infected by
- Eating food or drinking liquids that are contaminated with norovirus.
- Touching surfaces or objects that are contaminated with norovirus, and then placing their hand in their mouth.
- Having direct contact with an infected person; for example, by exposure to the virus when caring for or when sharing food, drinks, or eating utensils with an infected person.